Saturday, April 4, 2009

just thinking...

So, I'm pretty bored, and I was just thinking about all the things that may or may not give me a heart attack while I'm abroad. Their are so many questions and thoughts bouncing around in my head, and how the hell will i know what to do when i get there?!
  • Does the fork go in the right hand or left? Do they eat slow or inhale their food; what if I'm in a family that expects you to eat helping after helping and when i return I'm 20 pounds heavier.

  • Can i go in the fridge without asking; are coffee makers the same?

  • Do they have coffee makers?

  • Are they like the Italians in which coffee making is a slow, delicate process which will leave me waiting around for an hour for a cup of coffee.

  • What happens if I'm in a family with no children; will i rip my hair out from boredom?

  • What if i lose all my friends while I'm gone from lack of face-time and when i return I'm all alone.

  • What if i grow apart from my friends and when i return i don't want to see them anymore?

  • Will they think i am crazy for making lists like this one?

So many things bouncing around in my head. I'm really trying not to fret about them, because all those questions usually get silenced by my excitement to leave. Tomorrow I'm going to the beach with other future exchangers. Its gonna be me, Jamie(who is also my one Follower- holla Jamie!), Mackenzie, and a few other people i think. I'm thinking its gonna be an epic day, because every time i hang out with exchange kids we have a rollicking good time. seriously. rollicking.

pictures of a past excitment-filled evening with other exchange dorks like me



2 comments:

  1. Haha Morgan!

    I promise I'm not a stalker, I just love to read what the future outbounds are thinking about Denmark!! :)

    Just to answer your questions...

    *The fork goes in the left hand, knife in the right and when you put them down for a minute, you put them on the edge of the plate, hanging off. Most Danes eat at just a normal pace, not too fast, not too slow. Anddd, they will most likely make you eat at least 2 servings. Danes love to eat.
    *Most families will tell you to treat the house like it is your own, so the fridge will most likely be open for you to use. And the coffee makers are exactly the same.
    *Nope, the coffee takes the same amount of time as it does at home. And some even use the instant coffee--don't know how you feel about that. :D
    *I think they will put you in families with kids. I have had 4 families and they have all had at least 1 kid. The same goes for all the other exchangers in my city and all the ones I can think of around Denmark.
    *Sorry, can't really answer about loosing friends when you get back home. I guess I will find out in a few weeks. :/

    Hope this doesn't freak you out that I did this and hope it helps!!

    Daniel,
    from Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no it doesnt at all.
    yeah i know who you are (im friends with you on fcbk)
    im a floridian as well.
    and thank you for clearing that up.
    although the silverware being in different hands is really going to freak me out

    ReplyDelete